This week’s list is all about the dinner I’m preparing for Tuesday’s holiday. We’re seating 11 for Christmas day, not counting The Kid. I don’t count her, as she will probably have yogurt for dinner. We still haven’t solved that picky eating thing.
The menu has more of an Italian touch then in past years:
- Eggplant parmagiana
- Shaved parmesan Brussels sprouts
- Sauteed spinach and garlic
There are also four growlers of Great South Bay beer ready to go since, well, I’m going to be spending the entire day with my and The Wife’s family.
It’s actually a day in four acts:
- Act I: March of the Toddler. The Kid opens her gifts with The Wife, The Sister and I. This will start somewhere around 7 a.m. since The Kid is unaware of the phenomena of sleeping in.
- Act II: The Crescendo. Three hours of The Wife’s family, plus any other hangers on that want to drop by (c’mon over…we’ll have beer). That starts at 10 a.m. I’ll start roasting stuff sometime around 11:30 or Noon.
- Act III: The Libretto. Dinner for 11.
- Act IV: Prologue. Another round of presents, this time with the grandparents.
The child will likely crash like a plane hit by wind shear around 7:30 p.m. We’ll clip tags and do some laundry before making our eventual fade thereafter.
This week will bring the recap of dinner, some cleanup of the recipe backlog, a potential restaurant review and, tomorrow, my favorite Christmas songs.