How about a little housekeeping…
- Congratulations to Jim Ogden of Hesperia, Calif., who was selected at random from more than 550 entries to receive the $50 Olive Garden gift card. That went out in Saturday’s mail to him. It turns out that I’ve been to Hesperia. It’s a rather large town (geographically) in the Mojave south of Barstow, and north of where I-15 meets I-10 in Rancho Cucamonga. This is an important geographic landmark when you are making the trek from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. It has an In-N-Out Burger, which I would consider a must if you are going to live in a desert town near the San Andreas Fault. So, congrats to Jim. I’m already working on the 2015 Chain Challenge, so we will see where that goes.
- I’m thinking about branching out a little bit more with the blog by doing more interviews or Q&As with local food people. If you have any ideas of whom I should feature, please let me know in the comments.
- Are you following me on Twitter? If the answer is yes, I appreciate it. If the answer is no, consider your life one that is wasted. All you have to do is visit this page and click follow.
- What about Facebook? Everyone’s on Facebook and so is Al Dente. Like our page. It’s a lot better than taking all of the quizzes about which one of the Everly Brothers you are going to marry.
- In case you missed it, I kicked off my Iconic Syracuse series on Thursday with the stores that are the backbone of the area’s food culture. This week, we will look at the desserts and sweets that are icons in this town. Future editions will tackle the foods, restaurants, drinks, people and brands. So, that will be fun. Be sure to share it with people and leave some comments if you think that I got something wrong (just ask The Wife, it happens all of the time).
- Finally, let me know what you think about the ads on the site. I decided that I would try to monetize in an effort to cover the costs of moving from the free WordPress product to one that is self-hosted. So far so good, but if you think that they are getting in the way of enjoying what’s going on here then please, dear reader, let me know.